I was thinking of a condensed list to start your day off successfully.
If you practice these daily, you will find over time that everything in your life starts to look more like a bright, shiny object that you really,really like—even if it is old. You will also find that things get easier and goals come quicker.
Here are the 5 things to start your day off on the right foot.
- When you go to bed the night before, right before you conk out visualize a goal in your life. As you visualize the goal, feel it through your body, as though it is already happening for you. Feel it, smile and know that you’re not in Oz….but when you wake the next day, you’ve set your subconscious to look for opportunities to fulfill the goal.
- If you set your alarm to wake up, set it 5-10 minutes early. Turn it off, but lay there and visualize your day in the most positive way. If potential problems have filtered there way into your mind, take this time and just be with them. This is one of your clearest points in the day, before distractions start and you are fully awake, so take advantage of your inner clarity.
- Exercise in the morning. This sets your day straight, because you actually have more energy and focus once you do…it allows you to accomplish more with a bounce in your step.
- Take your time. When you are rushed to get to work or start your day, you set the tone for what follows. No matter what is happening, you can take the time to take a deep breath and consciously slow your pace.
- Write in your journal. Personally, I write in my gratitude journal first thing in the morning, so I feel more in alignment with myself and appreciative of life, even on less rosy mornings. If you don’t keep a gratitude journal, try writing for a few minutes about a topic that you’ve been avoiding. Don’t try to finish the topic and come up with a solution now, allow it to just be as it is. When you return to your journal and see the topic the next day, you will definitely have a different perspective on the subject.
All of these tips are meant to lighten your morning load and start your day off in a much more harmonious fashion. Watch what happens after one week of practicing each of these 5 things and let me know the results, I bet you’ll be surprised!!!
Tracy AT tracycrossley dot com