Picture this. At the psychiatrist, you talk about how nothing seems to cheer you up. Right from your issues with weight to your family problems, you are cloaked in depression. The psychiatrist gives you the age old advice, of maintaining health. You shake your head, how can health help you with your family problems? The sulky moods? Sure, it may deal with the problem of the little fat you gained over the holidays, but what about the more pressing matters?!
Listen to your psychiatrist. He’s right [as usual]
Yes. You read that right. Your psychiatrist is being completely helpful, and has offered you a solution that works like a skeleton key for all the locks you are experiencing in your life. See, the secret to happiness, as many of the self-help books will enumerate, is staying fit, staying healthy.
The main thing you have to understand is that, it all boils down to your health. Look back on the times you were ill, your mood was definitely not all cheery and bright. A healthy body leads to a healthy mind. Unlike wine, your body doesn’t get any better with age; so how about you savor the moments you have and enjoy it now.
Your body, like many gurus will suggest, is a temple. And you’re offending it by not keeping it clean. See, if you take care of your health by maintaining a proper well-balanced diet paired with regular exercise, the solutions to your problems will automatically materialize. Your mind, with the energy of the nutritious foods, will be clearer and make you a more level-headed person. A person who is capable of fixing their life and being happy.
It’s YOUR life. Treat it right.
Life is a gift, true. But how will the true benefits be achieved without proper use or worse, misuse? Instead of lying on the couch and watching endless hours of television, when you’ve just gotten in from work, where you’ve done what? Sit. And do work, of course. Munching on junk, just because it’s convenient is not a great idea. And let’s not start off on the ‘nutritious’ value, a slice of pizza or a burger has.
Either you take care, or suffer the consequences.
- Start off, by believing that you can change your lifestyle.
- Limit your intake of junk food, to once a month.
- Go for an early morning walk, or a late evening one.
- Join the neighborhood gym, and keep your body fit. You can’t hope to achieve a great body, just by eating healthy. You need to exercise too.
- Have nutritious meals, at proper times.
- Surround yourself with motivational posters, to keep you on the go.
- Clear any air of negativity or misunderstanding between you and someone else.
- Don’t skip out on breakfast or dinner. They’re the most important meals of the day.
- Hydrate yourself, with water mind you. Water is a much effective cleanser than any alcoholic drink or energy booster.
- Lastly, make sure you do follow these tips.
The solutions to all your problems are within your reach. All your sulky moods, the very feeling like the world is determined to be mean to you, all that gone. Just by taking care of yourself and your health. Win-win for you.
About the Author:
This guest post is contributed by Zara, a Guest blogger from UK. She has written many articles on health, nutrition and finance. Apart from blogging she does research on ppi reclaim . Catch her @financeport
If you would like to contribute as a guest blogger, please email Tracy@tracycrossley.com